Nutrition After Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery
We need to make some changes in our eating habits due to the very low stomach capacity after sleeve gastrectomy surgery. For people who have sleeve gastrectomy surgery, it is difficult to eat and drink liquids at the same time. The following eating behaviors are recommended for people who have sleeve gastrectomy surgery.
- Get a fixed eating order.
- Eat slowly. Consume your food in about 20-30 minutes.
- Eat your food with small bites.
- Chew a lot before swallowing.
- Drink liquid at least 30 minutes after eating. Do not consume solid and liquid together.
- Do not eat while watching or working on television.